Geriatronics Summit 2023
AI and Robotics for supporting care
Following the success of the First Geriatronics Summit, the Geriatronics Team from the Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) from the Technical University of Munich are pleased to announce the Second Edition of the Geriatronics Summit!
July 02 - 03, 2023
Garmisch-Partenkirchen Congress Center
The second edition of the Geriatronics Summit aims to bring together researchers from AI and Robotics with care providers, the general public and stakeholders in the field of care for older adults and people with lived experience of disability.
Particularly, the Summit aims to stimulate discussions and exchange of ideas regarding AI and robotics technology in the field and how they can rise to the challenges of supporting health, care, and well-being of older people in a safe, ethical, and trustworthy manner. Finally, how Geriatronics can improve and support care-givers and the community surrounding the care sector.
Link for the First Geriatronics Summit.
Cooperation and Funding
Extended abstract papers
- Submission date: J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶6̶ June 20, 2023 (CEST)
- Notification of Acceptance: J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶1̶6̶ June 24, 2023
- Presentation: July 02-03, 2023
Best Paper Award Competition
Award of 500 € Sponsored by Friends of Geriatronics e.V.
- Demos from the MIRMI-Geriatronics team @ Automatica – Munich_i – June 27-30, 2023 <Munich!>
- Geriatronics Summit: July 02-03, 2023
- Sami Haddadin – Chair of Robotics and Systems Intelligence, Director of the Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI), Technical University of Munich (TUM);
- Tapomayukh Bhattacharjee – Assistant Professor in the Dept. Computer Science at Cornell University & head of the EmPRISE Lab;
- Rainer Wieching – Head of Health and Prevention at the Universität Siegen;
- Eva Hornecker – Chair of Human Computer Interaction, Comp. Science and Media dept. , Bauhaus Universität Weimar;
- Sylvain Calinon – Senior Research Scientist, Idiap Research Institute – Lecturer EPFL;
- Elisabeth André – Chair for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence, Augsburg University;
- Leila Takayama – Human-robot interaction Specialist and Founder of Hoku Labs;
- Arash Ajoudani – Director of the Human-Robot Interfaces & Interaction (HRI²) laboratory at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT);
- Fanny Ficuciello – Assistant Professor of Robotics and Automation at the University of Naples Federico II;
- Praminda Caleb-Solly – Professor of Embodied Intelligence in the School of Computer Science, University of Nottingham;
- Ruth Müller – Associate Prof. of Science & Technology Policy & Deputy Dept. Head at Sch. of Social Sciences & Tech. at TUM;
- Filippo Cavallo – Head of BioRobotics Lab, Professor of Biomedical Robotics, University of Florence;
- Emmanuel Senft – Head of the Human-centered Robotics and AI group, Idiap Research Institute.
- Eva Swinnen – Professor Neurological Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Technology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Please do not forget to register yourself as soon as possible (limit seats available)
Please be considered with other people!
In the case you cannot attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible.